Pediatric Care Management Programs
Health Check Coordination (ages 0-21)
Health Check Coordinators promote the Medical Home for children’s preventative health and sick care needs, while reducing delinquency rates for important well-child check-ups. Coordinators also link uninsured children to health insurance coverage through community outreach and practice referrals.
Care Coordination for Children (CC4C) (ages 0-5)
Care management services are provided for children (birth to 5 years) with special health care needs, those experiencing toxic stress of adverse life events, and children admitted to the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Services are provided in partnership with CC4C staff from Public Health Departments.
Complex Pediatric Care Management (0-21)
Care Managers work with families and children who are extremely medically fragile or require complex care. Emphasis is placed on communication and coordination of care between a patient’s medical home and specialty care providers.
Foster Care—Care Management (0-21)
A partnership with Buncombe County places a dedicated Care Manager within DSS Foster Care teams to ensure continuity of medical care and evidenced-based care per the American Academy of Pediatric Foster Care recommendations.
Pediatric Care Managers in these Programs help patients by:
- Connecting NICU graduates with their Primary Care Provider (PCP)
- Reducing Hospital Admissions & Readmissions
- Reducing Emergency Department visits
- Connecting children with special health care needs to services
- Ensuring continuity of care for children in Foster Care
- Linking children experiencing Toxic Stress to community services
- Sharing Community Resiliency tools to improve child and family health and quality of life
No Wrong door
Patient Referrals come from network Pediatric providers, outside agencies, data reports, and family self-referral.
CCNC's Pediatric Overview
For more information or to make a referral
Call 828-348-2290 | Fax referral form to 828-348-2298
adult and Pediatric referral form